Shoepeg Corn Casserole
This comforting side dish makes a creamy accompaniment to most any main course. Not only can you double the recipe for larger crowds, but you can use reduced-fat or low-sodium ingredients if you prefer. Lori Talamao
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a
- greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the cracker crumbs; drizzle
- with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until
- bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 327 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 794 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.