Shoepeg Corn Casserole Recipe
- 3 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the cracker crumbs; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 327 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 794mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Shoepeg Corn Casserole
"I was looking for a corn casserole that was different from my same old one. Came across this one and I'm glad I did! It was delicious! Gold creamy goodness."
"Family loved this much better than recipes that includes cornbread. It is a keeper."
"I used two 10-ounce packages of Green Giant Steamers Shoepeg White Corn & Butter Sauce which I had on hand instead of the canned. Also used low-fat sour cream, reduced-fat cheddar cheese, and 1 tablespoon of light melted butter. Still came out delicious.A side dish everyone will enjoy."
"This is so delicious! healthy - no! But yummy - yes!"
"I made this recipe and immediately knew I would make it often. It was a hit with all the family members. Love, Love, Love it!!!"
"Nice change for a corn casserole. The hubby LOVED it. I will be making this again."
"I made this recipe a few times for potlucks and family holiday dinners. It was a big hit and everyone wanted to know the recipe."
"Very tasty recipe! Would make it again, and again."