Sesame Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, oil, ginger and garlic. Add pork; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place pork on a greased rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan. Combine the honey and brown sugar; spoon over pork. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
One 4-ounce serving (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce) equals 284 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Sesame Pork Tenderloin
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.