Semisweet Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Judy Spencer of San Diego, California treasures this recipe for rich mousse she learned from a friend. "I love to cook and have tons of recipes, but this one is a favorite and always draws raves. Best of all, it's easy to make," she says.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:2 servings
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with water; stir until smooth. Stir a small amount of hot chocolate mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool, stirring several times.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in cooled chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 367 calories, 31 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 188 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC