- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Whipped cream and raspberries, optional
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with water; stir until smooth. Stir a small amount of hot chocolate mixture into egg yolk; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool, stirring several times.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in cooled chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and raspberries if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSemisweet Chocolate Mousse
"This was so good! Very easy too!"
"@David12846, just use discretion. I made this for a baby shower, so I multiplied it by 5. With that in mind, I added approximately 1/4c of chocolate to my egg yolk. Just mix it, making sure the melted chocolate is incorporated into the egg yolk, and then pour that egg mix right back in to the pan with the rest of the melted chocolate. Voila! Follow the rest of the steps from there! It turned out amazing! I'll be making this same recipe again."
"O my gosh!! Sooo good! We all loved it and I will be making this over and over!!"
"I loved this recipe. It was so easy to make, and very delicious. I made it with 60% cacao chips, and it was very rich and wonderful! A little goes a long way."
"This was great! at first I was really skeptical because it said to add water to your chocolate and I know that it makes chocolate seize really badly, but you add so much water that it melts completely and turns into something like hot chocolate. the chocolate will look like its seizing, but just keep at it and it will melt all the way very soon.Also, I only had MILK chocolate CHIPS instead of semi-sweet, and at first it was way too sweet, but I added cocoa powder as I folded the chocolate and whipped cream together and it is a fantastic bitter sweet mousse, maybe even better than if I had made it correctly!"
"This mousse is wonderful! Once you try it, you'll be making it again."