It's so easy to prepare this Test Kitchen dish that you're sure to make it often. The simple seasonings make chicken breasts a real treat.
TIP: Line your baking pan with foil for fast cleanup.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (10 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Rub chicken with garlic; sprinkle with lemon-pepper and oregano. In a
- large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken, skin side down, in
- oil for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for
- 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 369 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 49 g protein.