Shrimp gives an elegant touch to this rich and creamy pasta dish. It's a satisfying entree.—Kim Jorgensen, Coulee City, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute the shrimp, mushrooms, garlic powder, salt
- and pepper in butter for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the fettuccine,
- cheese, milk and sour cream. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes
- or until heated through (do not boil). Sprinkle with parsley if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's note: Scallops or crab may be substituted for half of the shrimp.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.