Scalloped Pineapple Side Dish Casserole
If you like pairing pineapple with your Christmas ham, you’ll love this side dish. It’s also a great choice for potlucks and church suppers. —Diana Loewen, Benton Harbor, Michigan
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 4 cups cubed bread
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, butter and milk. Stir in
- pineapple with juice; fold in bread cubes. Transfer to a greased
- 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer
- inserted near the center reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 8 servings.