Chopped onion, minced garlic and soy sauce add savory seasoning to this snappy side dish from Connie Moore of Medway, Ohio. At a mere 10¢ a serving, it's easy to stir-fry on the stove top when time is short.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet or wok, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add
- cabbage; cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Reduce
- heat; add soy sauce, sugar and pepper. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes
- or until cabbage is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 43 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.