Sausage Spinach Salad
Want a fast way to turn a salad into a hearty meal? Add sausage. The mustard dressing also goes with smoked salmon or chicken. — Deborah Williams, Peoria, Arizona
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 1
- teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add sausage and onion; cook and stir
- until sausage is lightly browned and onion is crisp-tender.
- Place spinach in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar,
- mustard and remaining oil. Drizzle over spinach; toss to coat. Add
- sausage mixture; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2-1/2 cups equals 244 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 581 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot