Sausage Mushroom Quiche
"I created this tasty pie to get our family to eat a filling breakfast," explains Shirley Biel of Tallahassee, Florida. A prepared pastry crust, Italian sausage and vegetables make this all-in-one meal a great way to start any day.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 frozen deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, cheese, mushrooms, green pepper
- and onion; sprinkle into pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine the
- eggs, cream, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.