Sausage Mushroom Quiche Recipe
"I created this tasty pie to get our family to eat a filling breakfast," explains Shirley Biel of Tallahassee, Florida. A prepared pastry crust, Italian sausage and vegetables make this all-in-one meal a great way to start any day.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 frozen deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, cheese, mushrooms, green pepper and onion; sprinkle into pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cream, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over sausage mixture.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC