Sausage Macaroni Supper
In this meal sent from Margie Haen of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, tomato bisque, milk and cheese make a creamy sauce for macaroni, Italian sausage and broccoli-a dish your family is sure to love!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed cream of tomato bisque soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch
- oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat in oil until meat is
- no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the soup, milk, cheese and Italian seasoning. Bring to a
- boil; reduce heat. Drain macaroni; add to sausage mixture. Stir in
- broccoli; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now