- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed cream of tomato bisque soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the soup, milk, cheese and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Drain macaroni; add to sausage mixture. Stir in broccoli; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSausage Macaroni Supper
"Not a fan of this recipe overall. The ease to put it together was great because it was quick and simple. Unfortunately, it lacked in flavor. I ended up having to doctor it up to have any kind of flavor profile."
"very easy my husband liked it"
"It was ok. Needs more flavor."
"This was really good! After reading the reviews, I added a little cayenne to the sausage and onion, and then we topped it with more cheese and sour cream when serving. Yummy!!!"
"It needed a bit more seasoning but was pretty good and very easy."
"I made this recipe but didn't have the can of tomato bisque so I made my own. This turned out delicious."
"It was pretty good, a little bland but I will be adding more to it next time."
"I've already made this a few times. I tried it out as something real quick one night and everyone loved it. I use hot italian sausage. One of the few ways I can manage to eat cooked broccoli. :) Delicious."
"We lose the onions due to allergies, and add minced garlic, 2 or 3 cloves, and use the Italian Sausage from Johnsonville. Had it last Friday...and will again, soon."