Sausage Cabbage Skillet
For one-dish dinner, Yvette Rothrock of Winslow, Indiana simmers together this hearty combination. "Sometimes I use sauerkraut in place of the cabbage," she notes. "When time allows, you can also bake it in the oven rather than cook it on the stovetop."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage; drain. Stir in the remaining
- ingredients. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables
- are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 337 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 859 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer