Sausage Broccoli Bread Recipe
"My husband is in the Air Force, so we move often," relates Kelly Praska of Bellevue, Nebraska. "This lifestyle lets me make friends - and share wonderful recipes like this one - with people from all over the United States."
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1. Thaw dough and let rise according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the drippings, saute the broccoli, tomatoes and onion until crisp-tender; drain and cool.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll each loaf of dough into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread sausage lengthwise down the center third of each rectangle. Top with broccoli mixture and cheese. Fold the short sides in 1 in.; pinch to seal. Fold long sides over filling; pinch to seal.
- 3. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush egg over top and sides of each loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 167 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Broccoli Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC