- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Thaw dough and let rise according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the drippings, saute the broccoli, tomatoes and onion until crisp-tender; drain and cool.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each loaf of dough into a 12x10-in. rectangle. Spread sausage lengthwise down the center third of each rectangle. Top with broccoli mixture and cheese. Fold the short sides in 1 in.; pinch to seal. Fold long sides over filling; pinch to seal.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush egg over top and sides of each loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews forSausage Broccoli Bread
"Served this for a superbowl snack and my friends loved it. They went back for seconds."
"I have probably made this bread a hundred times since I first received the magazine in the mail 10 years ago. It is wonderful exactly as is but I have always used my own homemade bread dough. I am a real DIY-er and don't by premade foods that I can make myself. That said this is one of my families favorites. Its a wonderful starter recipe too. If you like to play with your food like I do try this out you won't be dissappointed. Sometimes I roll it up like you would a cinnamon roll-still cooking in like a loaf, that way all the filling doesn't fall out. This makes it a lot easier to eat on the run. Or make individual sizes to suit everyones tastes. *****freezes well*****"