Sausage Balls Recipe
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Shape into 1-in. balls and place on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Or, freeze and bake frozen at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 3 dozen.
3 each: 278 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Balls
"I made these ahead and froze them individually on a cookie sheet then placed in ziploc bags to bake later. These were the best sausage balls I've ever had. Not too dry, not too cakey, just right. I baked them from frozen state (Thanksgiving morning to take on a car trip to Savannah) and they were enjoyed throughout the trip! Glad I found the recipe again because I couldn't remember where I found it."
"I have used this recipe since I was a little girl in the 70s. My girls now enjoy the treat, especially when they are made fresh."
"These sausage balls are great!They were a hit with my husband and he is a picky eater."