Sausage and Wild Rice Casserole Recipe
You can assemble this casserole and refrigerate until ready to bake. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.—Elsie Pritschau, Ravenna, Nebraska
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add the rice and sausage.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 252 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 890 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC