Sausage and Broccoli Bake
I make this easy meat and veggie bake often because it provides plenty of delicious leftovers for later. My fiance and I love broccoli, so this hearty recipe pleases us both. it would go over big as a featured entree for a brunch buffet.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 3 cups seasoned salad croutons
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until the meat is
- no longer pink; drain. Add the broccoli, croutons and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the
- eggs, soup and milk. Pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with
- French-fried onions. Bake for 3-5 minutes longer or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 532 calories, 39 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 187 mg cholesterol, 1,152 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.