Saucy Beef Patties
Our taste panel loved the flavor of these saucy patties. Said one: “They're sure to be a family favorite!” A simple recipe for rush-hour weeknights, it's great with mashed potatoes.
Bernice Morris - Marshfield, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. In
- a large skillet, brown patties on both sides. Remove and set aside;
- drain drippings.
- In the same skillet, combine the remaining ingredients. Return
- patties to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 patty with 1/4 cup sauce equals 253 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 717 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,