- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. In a large skillet, brown patties on each side. Remove and set aside; drain drippings.
- In the same skillet, combine the remaining ingredients. Return patties to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSaucy Beef Patties
"This recipe was made on 6/24. I didn't have a full pound of ground beef, so I used 1/2lb.beef & 1/2lb.ground pork. Then added the rest of the meat ingredients. After mixing up the sauce ingredients and tasting, I felt that it was WAY too sweet. So a bit of Smoked Spanish paprika,garlic powder,lemon juice, and chili powder was added. That seemed to correct the sweetness of the sauce. " Keep Smiling :) ""
"Husband liked it, but I thought it was just ok. It lacked something in the sauce. Not sure if it needed a little salt or what."
"Followed the recipe and ingredient list exactly. Very tasty. There is about 2-3 Tbsp of sauce per patty because it reduces and thickens while cooking, which was perfect for us. I served it with potato salad and sliced tomatoes."
"Good flavor. I need to make it in a smaller pan so it's saucier......the sauce spread out all over the bottom of the pan and was hard to 'spoon' it over the patties when serving. Will make it again!"
"My grandmother made a similar recipe for years. She called it Creole Hamburgers. My mother and I assumed she had created the recipe. She did this quite often.The best thing is to use any extra sauce as gravy over the mashed potatoes. And, Grandma put about a 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon in the sauce.I thank Taste of Home for putting this on their website. I recently became a Diabetic. Now that the nutrition values are on this page, I know how many carbs this family favorite has!"
"This is the same sauce have used for years to top my stuffed peppers, always have to make extra, soooo good."
"My family loved this! This is a keeper."
"Super easy to prepare and pretty tasty too. I doubled the sauce recipe, just because I like lots of sauce. They're like little sweet and sour meatloaves. I don't have kids, but I imagine this would be a big hit with them. Definitely worth adding to your recipe box!"