Salsa Fish Recipe
- 2 pounds fish fillets (walleye, bass or perch)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 8 ounces shredded or sliced part-skim mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 1. Coat fish fillets in bread crumbs. In a skillet, brown fillets in oil. Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with salsa and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 7-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 350 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 152mg cholesterol, 819mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 41g protein.
Reviews for Salsa Fish
"easy and delicious. All I had to purchase was the fish."
"I used bass and some large crappie fillets and it was spectacular!"
"Really liked this. A spicy salsa gives it kick, and lots of cheese gives it even more flavor. Great for people who normally are not fish fans."
"Husband loved it"
"Even my four year old liked it."
"Homemade or fresh salsa is best for this - I found the commercial brands too wet"