"My family loves outdoor activities, especially fishing," informs Diane Grajewski of North Branch, Michigan. "I give their catch of the day unexpected zip with salsa. It dresses up these golden crumb-coated fillets and keeps them moist and tender."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds fish fillets (walleye, bass or perch)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 8 ounces shredded or sliced part-skim mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Coat fish fillets in bread crumbs. In a skillet, brown fillets in
- oil. Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with salsa
- and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 7-10 minutes or until
- fish flakes easily with a fork and cheese is melted. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet (5 ounces) equals 350 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 152 mg cholesterol, 819 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 41 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now