- 2 pounds walleye, bass or perch fillets
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 8 ounces shredded or sliced mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Coat fillets with bread crumbs. In a large skillet, brown fillets on both sides in oil. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with salsa and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 7-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSalsa Fish
"easy and delicious. All I had to purchase was the fish."
"I used bass and some large crappie fillets and it was spectacular!"
"Really liked this. A spicy salsa gives it kick, and lots of cheese gives it even more flavor. Great for people who normally are not fish fans."
"Husband loved it"
"Even my four year old liked it."
"Homemade or fresh salsa is best for this - I found the commercial brands too wet"