Salmon Potato Salad
For a deluxe side dish, I whip up this recipe featuring salmon and potatoes in a creamy dill dressing. The trick is to fix enough - people are bound to come back for seconds!
-Shirley A. Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 6 cups cubed cooked red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1-3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add salmon;
- toss lightly. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients; mix
- well. Pour over the salad and stir gently. Cover and refrigerate for
- 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 520 calories, 43 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 856 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.