Salmon Pate Recipe
This is a recipe I often use when I am expecting company. It is a perfect appetizer.—Gudrun Braker, Burnet, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- Garnishes (sliced almonds, pimiento-stuffed green olive, celery rib, parsley)
- 1. Drain, debone and flake salmon. Add the remaining ingredients except the garnishes.
- 2. On a platter, mold salmon mixture into a fish shape. Arrange almonds to resemble scales. Use slice of olive for eye, thin strips of celery for the tail. Garnish with parsley. Chill until serving. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1/2 meat, 1 fat; also, 69 calories, 197 mg sodium, 16 mg cholesterol, .5 gm carbohydrate, 6 gm protein, 5 gm fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC