This is a recipe I often use when I am expecting company. It is a perfect appetizer.Gudrun Braker, Burnet, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- Garnishes (sliced almonds, pimiento-stuffed green olive, celery rib, parsley)
- Drain, debone and flake salmon. Add the remaining ingredients except
- the garnishes.
- On a platter, mold salmon mixture into a fish shape. Arrange almonds
- to resemble scales. Use slice of olive for eye, thin strips of
- celery for the tail. Garnish with parsley. Chill until serving.
- Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1/2 meat, 1 fat; also, 69 calories, 197 mg sodium, 16 mg cholesterol, .5 gm carbohydrate, 6 gm protein, 5 gm fat.