Salmon Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the salmon, bread crumbs, celery, green pepper, onion and parsley. In a small bowl, combine the milk, mayonnaise, mustard and pepper. Pour over salmon mixture; toss to coat evenly.
- 2. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 242 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Salmon Casserole
"Inedible! It was ALL bread crumps. Couldn't even taste the salmon or other ingredients. The 4 cups of bread crumbs may be a typo. 4 C = 1Qt. and this is supposed to ok in a 1 qt dish, with a qt of bread crumbs, plus all the other ingredients. I couldn't fit it all in a one and a half quart dish."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.