Canned salmon is the key ingredient in this comforting casserole sent in by Agnes Moon of Ionia, Michigan. Bread crumbs give it a soft texture...and mayonnaise, mustard and cheese add flavor to this old-fashioned favorite.
Recommended: 50 Hearty Breakfast Casseroles
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a bowl, combine the salmon, bread crumbs, celery, green pepper, onion and parsley. In another bowl, combine the milk, mayonnaise, ground mustard and pepper. Pour over salmon mixture; toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown and casserole is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Salmon Casserole in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p21
Reviews forSalmon Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 23, 2016