Sailor Sandwiches with Caesar Mayo Recipe
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cod or haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- CAESAR MAYO:
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 slices sweet onion
- 1. Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, cheese and seasonings. Dip fish in milk, then cornmeal mixture.
- 2. Place on a greased broiler pan; drizzle with butter. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Combine the mayonnaise ingredients; spread over rolls. On roll bottoms, layer with fish, lettuce, tomato and onion. Replace tops. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 571 calories, 27 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 749 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.