- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cod or haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- CAESAR MAYO:
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 slices sweet onion
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, cheese and seasonings. Dip fish in milk, then cornmeal mixture.
- Place on a greased broiler pan; drizzle with butter. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the mayonnaise ingredients; spread over rolls. On roll bottoms, layer with fish, lettuce, tomato and onion. Replace tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSailor Sandwiches with Caesar Mayo
"This was easy to prepare and very tasty."
"Awesome fish sandwich! Definite keeper! We did take the previous suggestions and added about 1/2 c. mayo. We also grilled rathered than broiled."
"This recipe is one of my husband's favorite dinners! I have made it many times and we haven't gotten tired of it yet!"
"quick ez delicious"
"My husband's not a big fish eater, but really loved these sandwiches. I used tablespoons for the mayo, plus added a tad bit more mayo and hot pepper sauce. Even my three and two year old gobbled these down!!"
"So far I have made these sandwiches three times. The first time I made these with cod, the second time with tilapia, the third with chicken breast (our lunch guest had severe fish allergy). Very delicious sandwich which my husband actually requests, so it must be good! All three times the sandwiches turned out tasty. The Caesar Mayonnaise makes the difference."
"These sandwiches are delicious and one I'd make only when my third son is not home, as he's deathly allergic to seafood. This recipe is a keeper, though, and one the rest of my family loves."
"I made this last night and based on the comment that the mayo (maybe) should be 4 tablespoons that's what I did and I would bet that is how it should be. It was really runny otherwise. The flavor is very good - the mayo makes it! I forgot to drizzle the butter and think it would have been a good addition as the fish coating was a little on the crunchy side."
"i thought these were excellent as is! great taste! made a few times and everyone was very pleased!"