Sage Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 6 slices thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/8-in. thickness; sprinkle with sage. Place ham, mozzarella cheese and tomato down the center of each; roll up chicken from a long side, tucking in ends. Secure with toothpicks.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, toss bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese and parsley. In a shallow microwave-safe dish, microwave 3 tablespoons butter until melted. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture. Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, seam side down. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, until chicken is no longer pink, 40-45 minutes. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Sage Chicken Cordon Bleu
"Super delicious, easy, and even Mr. Picky liked it. :)"
"Delicious and easy to prepare. I wouldn't change a thing"
"I prepared this recipe tonight and both my husband and I cleaned our plates. It was delicious. I pared the recipe down for the two of us but made no other changes. It was absolutely delicious and we will be having this again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor."
"So easy and elegant! I did use Italian bread crumbs, but other than that I made exactly at the recipe stated and it's definitely a keeper!"
"The recipe was amazing! I used fresh homemade mozzarella and fresh tomatoes from my garden!"
"I think this dish came out quite well, considering that it was my first time! I did omit the parsley and used Italian-style bread crumbs! I used ground sage: 3/4 tsp. I found that I needed to bake these chicken pieces about 70 minutes-I also used a meat thermometer to determine doneness. I found it just as easy in the end to spoon crumb mixture over the stuffed chicken breasts-I HAD dipped the pieces in the butter first. This dish was easy to assemble! NOTE: I USED 5 pre-packaged PERDUEchicken BREASTS (BONELESS AND SKINLESS). delowenstein"
"Highly considering making soon for special anniversary for husband/myself. Sounds very easy and elegant indeed. Would make Parmesan Potato Rounds alongside to help round it out. My husband LOVES cheesy, so this ought to please him."
"both my husband and i loved it"
"It was easy to follow the recipe, also I used homemade salsa instead of a tomatoe. That gave it alittle more kick."
"I would make it again but substitute roasted peppers and instead of sage would use fresh basil."
"This tastes so delicious with the sage. I dont care for tomatoes so I just omitted them and it still tasted great! Moist and delicious!"