Sage Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
It's nice to surprise the family with special meals like this during the week. I usually double the recipe so we can enjoy leftovers the next day. —Martha Stine, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 slices thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 strips part-skim mozzarella cheese (3 inches x 1-1/2 inches x 1/2 inch)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness. Place a ham slice, a mozzarella cheese strip, 1 tablespoon tomato and 1/8 teaspoon sage down the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Place 3 tablespoons butter in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in crumb mixture. Place in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC