Rosemary Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck steak (3/4 inch thick and 3/4 pound)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or additional beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on both sides. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, tomato sauce, wine, onion, garlic, parsley, rosemary, salt and pepper; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove beef and keep warm. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated with 1 teaspoon oil) equals 354 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.