Rosemary Cheddar Bread
"My husband and I love rosemary-and cheddar-crusted potatoes, so I adapted a potato bread recipe to include our favorite flavors," writes Tammy Perrault of Lancaster, Ohio. The bread machine makes this herbed loaf a snap to prepare. "Everyone who has tasted it asks for the recipe," Tammy says.
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 7-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust
- color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal
- this), add the cheese. Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds, 18
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 130 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.