"My husband and I love rosemary-and cheddar-crusted potatoes, so I adapted a potato bread recipe to include our favorite flavors," writes Tammy Perrault of Lancaster, Ohio. The bread machine makes this herbed loaf a snap to prepare. "Everyone who has tasted it asks for the recipe," Tammy says.
Recommended: 35 Impressive (and Affordable!) Dinner Party Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 7-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the cheese. Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Rosemary Cheddar Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p20
Reviews forRosemary Cheddar Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review