Root Beer Float Cake Recipe
I add root beer to both the cake batter and fluffy frosting of this summery dessert to get that great root beer float taste. Serve this moist cake to a bunch of hungry kids and watch it disappear! —Kat Thompson, Prineville, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-3/4 cups cold root beer, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1-1/4 cups root beer, oil and eggs. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes or stir by hand for 3 minutes.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the whipped topping mix and remaining root beer. Beat until soft peaks form. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 203 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC