Roasted Beet Wedges Recipe
- 1 pound medium fresh beets, peeled
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 to 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut each beet into six wedges; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add olive oil and salt; seal and shake to coat.
- 2. Place a piece of heavy-duty foil about 12 in. long in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Arrange beets on foil; top with rosemary. Fold foil around beets and seal tightly.
- 3. Bake until tender, about 1 hour. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Discard rosemary sprigs. Yield: 4 servings.
3 wedges: 92 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Roasted Beet Wedges
"This recipe was wonderful! I doubled the recipe with the intent to freeze some; however, we enjoyed them so much that none of the beets ever made it to the freezer!"
"Very easy and delicious, I just wouldn't recommend using stripy beets, use normal beets, while the stripy beets tasted great, they looked not so great, but they were all the store had."
"Great flavor, very easy to make."
"Excellent! So easy and yet so delicious! Try the leftovers in salad!"