Roasted Beet Wedges Recipe
This recipe makes ordinary beets taste delicious. They come out sweet and tender. --Wendy Stenman
- 1 pound medium fresh beets, peeled
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 to 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1. Cut each beet into six wedges; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add olive oil and salt; seal and shake to coat.
- 2. Place a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. long) in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Arrange beets on foil and top with rosemary. Fold foil around beet mixture and seal tightly.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until beets are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Discard rosemary sprigs. Yield: 4 servings.
3 beets equals 61 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Roasted Beet Wedges
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC