Roasted Beet Wedges
This recipe makes ordinary beets taste delicious. They come out sweet and tender. --Wendy Stenman
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 pound medium fresh beets, peeled
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 to 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Cut each beet into six wedges; place in a large resealable plastic
- bag. Add olive oil and salt; seal and shake to coat.
- Place a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. long) in a 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Arrange beets on foil and top with
- rosemary. Fold foil around beet mixture and seal tightly.
- Bake at 400° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until beets are tender.
- Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Discard rosemary
- sprigs. Yield: 4 servings.
TEST KITCHEN TIP For a milder herb flavor, try using fresh thyme instead of rosemary. You may make the beets a day ahead, then slice and serve cold in a salad.
Nutritional Facts: 3 beets equals 61 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.