- 1 pound medium fresh beets, peeled
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 to 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Cut each beet into six wedges; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add olive oil and salt; seal and shake to coat.
- Place a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. long) in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Arrange beets on foil and top with rosemary. Fold foil around beet mixture and seal tightly.
- Bake at 400° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until beets are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Discard rosemary sprigs. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forRoasted Beet Wedges
"This red beet recipe was so flavorful as well as very easy to prepare. I will be using this recipe as one of my red beet regulars."
"Amazing!!! I don't know if I can go back to eating canned beets after eating these."
"Delicious! I can't stop eating them lol!"
"Delicious as is as a side dish. The rosemary really comes through. I made a double batch and pickled them with a touch of sugar, apple cider vinegar, water, salt & pepper."
"This recipe was wonderful! I doubled the recipe with the intent to freeze some; however, we enjoyed them so much that none of the beets ever made it to the freezer!"
"Very easy and delicious, I just wouldn't recommend using stripy beets, use normal beets, while the stripy beets tasted great, they looked not so great, but they were all the store had."
"Great flavor, very easy to make."