Roasted Asparagus and Leeks
No vegetable says spring quite like asparagus. In this recipe, we combine pretty green spears with leeks. Crushed red pepper adds a bit of zest.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 12 medium leeks (white portion only), halved lengthwise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place asparagus and leeks on an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring
- occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 83 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.