Rhubarb Ginger Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place rhubarb in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar; toss to coat. Cover and bake 30-40 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Cool slightly. Process rhubarb in batches in a food processor; transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine milk, cream, lemon juice and ginger; stir in rhubarb.
- 4. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with any remaining ice cream mixture. Yield: 1 quart.
1/2 cup: 325 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Ginger Ice Cream
"I made this using half and half, and only 1 cup of sugar, and it turned out really well. The ginger is a bit of a shock, although it adds to the taste. The lemon is definitely a good addition."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.