Rhubarb Ginger Ice Cream Recipe
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place rhubarb in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar; toss to coat. Cover and bake 30-40 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Cool slightly. Process rhubarb in batches in a food processor; transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine milk, cream, lemon juice and ginger; stir in rhubarb.
- 4. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Repeat with any remaining ice cream mixture. Yield: 1 quart.
1/2 cup equals 325 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.