- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Place rhubarb in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar; toss to coat. Cover and bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cool slightly. Process rhubarb in batches in a food processor; transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, cream, lemon juice and ginger; stir in rhubarb.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 1 quart.
Reviews forRhubarb Ginger Ice Cream
"I made this using half and half, and only 1 cup of sugar, and it turned out really well. The ginger is a bit of a shock, although it adds to the taste. The lemon is definitely a good addition."