Rhubarb Cheese Pie Recipe
This tangy rhubarb pie is topped with a luscious cream cheese layer. —Stacey Meyer, Plymouth, Wisconsin
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the flour, cornstarch and 1/2 cup sugar. Add water and rhubarb; stir until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Transfer to prepared pastry.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese with remaining sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolk; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over top of pie.
- 4. Cover edges with foil. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 410 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Rhubarb Cheese Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC