- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg yolk
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the flour, cornstarch and 1/2 cup sugar. Add water and rhubarb; stir until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Transfer to prepared pastry.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese with remaining sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolk; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over top of pie.
- Cover edges with foil. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRhubarb Cheese Pie
"Yummy! Been making it for years when my rhubarb comes up in the spring."
"very good pie and make it over and over"
"Turned out really well. Good flavor, the cheesecake set well. Overall, a very solid recipe."
"This pie is a new family favorite! The perfect blend of sweet and tart, sooooo yummy!!"
"This was not only good ,But easy to make , I love Rhubarb"