Ready Gravy Mix
This dry mix keeps up to 6 months, so any time you yearn for chicken or beef gravy, you can stir up a portion. You'll love its just-made flavor and convenience. —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
48 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons beef or chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the bouillon, flour and pepper. Store in an
- airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 8
- batches (1 cup total).
- To prepare gravy: In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add 2 tablespoons
- gravy mix. Cook and stir until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened.
- Yield: 3/4 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons prepared gravy (prepared with reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules) equals 35 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.