- 1 jar (2-1/4 ounces) instant chicken or beef bouillon powder
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch of gravy):
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- In a bowl, combine the bouillon, flour and pepper. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 8 batches (2 cups total).
- To prepare gravy: In a saucepan, melt butter. Add 1/4 cup gravy mix. Cook and stir until lightly browned, about 1 minutes. Whisk in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Reviews forReady Gravy Mix
"Awesome! Used herb ox no sodium bouillon. Kids loved it!"
"I'm happy to find this ready in minutes gravy to have on hand! Variations are easy and you can compliment the meal you're preparing with the different added flavors you desire. Thanks for sharing. L.Williamson. Youngward Utah"
"I love how easy it is to customize this recipe. I personally like this recipe better than store mixes because it doesn't have any preservatives or strange ingredients. I usually make it with vegetable bouillon & gluten free flour. I also like adding rubbed sage or poultry seasoning & onion or garlic powder."
"I needed a dry brown gravy mix for a recipe I was making. I came across this recipe when searching the internet. So glad I found it. It was great and was real good in the recipe I needed it for! I did add 1 tsp of garlic powder and 1 tsp of onion powder to the mix to give extra flavor. I put the remaining mix in a jar for future times. Thanks for sharing!"
"This is a delish gravy mix. My fav from now on!!!"
"This is such a time saver - and it tastes great!"
"This sounds easy and good. Wish I had this recipe a while back. We like gravy!"