"I make all the lunch box goodies for my son and husband," notes Linda Lundmark of Martinton, Illinois. "They love this snack, especially served warm."
9-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- Place butter in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Heat, uncovered, at 50%
- power for 20-30 seconds or until softened. Add brown sugar; stir
- until creamy. Add flour, oats, vanilla, salt and baking soda; mix
- well. Pat half of the mixture into a greased 8-in. square
- microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 3-1/2 to
- 4-1/2 minutes or until mixture sets, rotating a half turn after 3
- minutes. (Crust will be uneven.) Spread with jam. Sprinkle with
- remaining dough; press down lightly. Cook, uncovered, at 70% power
- for 3-4 minutes or until set, rotating a half turn after each
- minute. Serve warm. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 342 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.