Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
This coffee cake is a sure hit. I used to prepare it for special occasions only. But now I try to bake it whenever I know overnight company is coming. It's always appreciated at breakfast the following morning.
- COFFEE CAKE:
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; reserve 1 cup crumb mixture.
- 2. To remaining crumb mixture, add baking powder, soda, salt, sour cream, egg and almond extract; blend well. Spread batter over bottom and 2 in. up side of greased and floured 9-in. springform pan. (Batter should be 1/4 in thick on sides.)
- 3. In small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and egg until smooth. Pour over batter in pan. Carefully spoon jam evenly over cheese filling.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine reserved crumb mixture and almonds; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until cream cheese filling is set and crust is a deep golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Serve warm or cool. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 320 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC