- COFFEE CAKE:
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in the butter using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Remove 1 cup crumbs for topping. To remaining crumb mixture, add baking powder, soda, salt, sour cream, egg and almond extract; blend well. Spread batter over bottom and 2 in. up side of greased and floured 9-in. springform pan. (Batter should be 1/4 in thick on sides.) In small bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and egg; blend well. Pour over batter in pan. Carefully spoon jam evenly over cheese filling. In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of reserved flour mixture and almonds; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until cream cheese filling is set and crust is a deep golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Serve warm or cool. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forRaspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
"Delicious! I loved the almost custard-like consistency of the filling (and it helped keep the cake moist, not dry like some other coffee cakes I've tried). Two thumbs up!"
"My husband gave this 5 stars and wants me to make it again. I think it has just the right amount of jam - more would be a little overwhelming. I added more butter, though, to get it to resemble "coarse crumbs". Making it the night before will save a lot of time in the morning."
"I really liked this recipe. I would suggest more raspberry jam. I used fat free sour cream, and low fat cream cheese and it tasted great."
"This was a hit when my brother visited! It wasn't difficult to make at all! Will definitely make this one again!"