Quick White Chili Recipe
- 1 jar (48 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (one 10 ounces, one 5 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Additional sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; remove from the heat. Add cheese and cilantro; stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with additional sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup (calculated without additional sour cream) equals 310 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 788 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.