Quick Turkey Spaghetti
"My family never tires of this versatile entree. We can have it once a week, and it’s different each time! I sometimes omit the turkey for a meatless meal, change up the veggies or use my own tomato sauce.” Mary Lou Moeller - Wooster, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 6 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the
- turkey, pepper, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is
- no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, spaghetti, water and garlic salt. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- spaghetti and vegetables are tender. Garnish with cheese if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups (calculated without cheese) equals 357 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 728 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch,