- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 6 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, pepper, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, spaghetti, water and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until spaghetti and vegetables are tender. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forQuick Turkey Spaghetti
"Everyone that ate it loved it"
"I love it, but I only gave 4 stars as I had to change some things to improve it to actually taste like spaghetti. First I added a can of chopped tomatoes to go with the can of sauce. Then I added a tablespoon of Italian seasoning. I may add more than that next time as I still had to sprinkle on as I ate it. Needs more garlic salt too.I used a whole onion and next time I will add a whole cup of mushrooms rather than the half cup they call for.As one person said...as written it is pretty bland...as I found out the first time I made it. With the above improvements, it was much better. I will continue making and enjoying with the listed improvements."
"My family was very disappointed in this - sounded like a tasty quick supper but we found it to be pretty bland and way too starchy tasting. Not awful but not good enough to make again."
"Very quick meal but needs more spices."
"I left off the peppers and mushrooms because I don't like them AT ALL. I love spaghetti sauce made with ground turkey."
"The base of the recipe is fine, just needs spices. Oregano, marjoram, thyme, bay leaf, onions and, of course, garlic. Try using some Hot Italian turkey sausage to 'spice it up'."
"Made this recipe when short on time and looking for something tasty. Turned out great! I love that you can cook the spaghetti in the same pot- saves time and dishes! I would let the spaghetti simmer in the sauce a little longer before serving, though.. it was still a little stiff. Great recipe!"