Quick Tomato Soup Recipe
Jane Ward's family often requests her sweet homemade tomato soup on cold winter days. "It's great with a sandwich and nearly as quick to fix as the canned variety." adds the Churchville, Maryland reader.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Oyster crackers, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, curry powder and onion powder until smooth. Gradually add tomato juice and sugar. Cook, uncovered, until thickened and heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve with crackers if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 156 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 862 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC