- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Oyster crackers or croutons, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, curry powder and onion powder until smooth. Gradually add tomato juice and sugar. Cook, uncovered, until thickened and heated through, about 5 minutes. If desired, serve with crackers or croutons. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forQuick Tomato Soup
"Recipe sounds great. I'll give it a whirl and add a grilled cheese sandwich to go along with it------favorite childhood combo."
"Made it once as directed and threw it out. Made a second batch without the curry and it was much better. Had to use tomato sauce and watered it down"
"We really like it with V-8 instead of regular tomato juice, leaving out the curry powder."
"This is hands down my favorite tomato soup to make and eat. It's quick, has simple ingredients and my entire family enjoys it. I also make homemade croutons to go on top. I shared my recipe for them on my blog. You can find it here: http://his-girl-friday.com/2015/01/07/cold-hands-warm-heart-and-the-best-tomato-soup-recipe-ever/"
"This wasn't to bad it seems to be missing something, I just couldn't figure it out. But we dipped our grilled cheese in it and yum."
"Excellent tomato soup and so easy to make. I made a few changes to my liking, fried a 10oz. package of sliced baby brown mushrooms, added a packet of chicken bouillon, 1 teaspoon of dried basil and 1/4 of cup of cooking sherry. This is a keeper in my recipes and will be making this again & again.Jane thank you so much for sharing this recipe."
"I thought this tomato soup was very flavorful but was a little heavy on curry for my liking. Next time I will try reducing the curry powder and adding some extra onion powder, which I thought was a little lost in the recipe."